|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2016|
Director, Portfolio Management will be responsible for all portfolio company financial oversight. This individual will have direct responsibility for setting financial strategy, and in some cases, restructuring portfolio companies while liaising with both the Board of Directors and Company Management Team / Executive Leadership Team.
Reports to: Executive Managing Director, Portfolio Company Operations
Key relationships: Company Management team; Board of Directors; functional Program Management Leads; Holding Company Managing Directors (HR, Talent, Platform Leaders, etc..)
- Directs organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Directs operational strategies by analyzing trends; preparing critical measurements; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Implements financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior investment management / banking / credit experience REQUIRED.
- Prior restructuring experience REQUIRED.
- BA/BS and preferably an MBA from a top College or University
- CPA not required, but highly preferred
- Experience in restructuring and turn around with strong cash management skills.
- Expert skills in financial modeling: 13 week cash forecasting, balance sheet and income statement
- Strong cost accounting experience with manufacturing background, service cost accounting, forecasting, margin analysis and cost control.
- Demonstrated people skills with good communication, capable of travelling up to 50% of the time when required.
- Strong revenue recognition expertize, SAB 104 compliance, operational skills, sales, customer service and others
- Strong contract review skills.
- Able to multiplex intensely, definitely hands on, capable of modeling situations on the fly for analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven
Critical Competencies for Success
- Action Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Expert Budgeting and Forecasting Skills
- Financial Analysis and Modeling Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managing through Systems
- Building Effective Teams
- Superior communication skills and can present his/her ideas in a clear, concise manner; one who can adapt his/her communication style as needed.
- Unquestioned integrity and values that the organization can trust without reservation.
- Consensus builder with strong persuasion skills.
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, to produce results – not political.
- A good listener with a strong sense of self.
- Must be flexible with the ability to change, adapt and grow – patience and diplomacy skills are critical to success, particularly with customers.
- Exhibits passion for the mission of the company.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience that can earn the respect of a diverse workforce and play a lead role in creating an inclusive culture at all levels of the organization.