|Date Posted||August 8, 2016|
Computer / IT Services
This Dynamics AX Manager will be responsible for Dynamics ERP solution architecture and the development/implementation of current MS Dynamics AX projects. This role will start out as an individual contributor role, but could grow into a role with direct reports. This role will work very closely with inventory and general aspects of AX. This Manager will be our in-house expert on our Enterprise Resource Planning system. They will be hands on with Microsoft Dynamics AX and will be able to create, improve, customize, and support our Microsoft Dynamics AX system. This individual will be reporting to our CFO and also works closely with our other managers in order to ensure all business needs are being met. HANDS ON MICROSOFT DYNAMICS AX EXPERIENCE WITH END TO END TECHNICAL ABILITIES AND SQL SERVER A MUST.
Rand McNally has been helping people discover, map and navigate for 159 years. While most people know us for our best selling Road Atlas line, we are also the leading provider of truck and RV navigation devices, the fastest-growing mobile fleet management company and a key education supplier with products in more than 90 percent of US schools. We are driving growth of the Company's consumer and enterprise businesses through rapid expansion of core product lines and continued innovation of commercial transportation solutions ranging from advanced mileage and routing software to fleet management and electronic tracking.
• Responsible for operation and support of Dynamics AX environment
• Improve overall health of ERP system
• Apply functional understanding of Dynamics AX
• Assist current team to deepen DAX knowledge
• Plan, implement and monitor changes in infrastructure configurations
• Work on full life-cycle implementations of Dynamics AX solutions 2009
• Proof of functional and technical requirement gathering and documentation
• Implement and deploy AX modules and customizations
• Post-live training and support
• Quality Assurance and testing
• Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and recommends technical solutions
• Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
• Direct operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds expectations
• Approve all business requirements prior to the technical solution
• Direct education programs for her/his staff
• Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
• 4-6 years in Dynamics AX ERP design and implementation
• Previous experience implementing and managing DAX 2009
• B.S. / B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related
• Thorough understanding of DAX and knowledge of features, configuration, and support
• Functional knowledge of Inventory Management, Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance Modules, Supply chain, Order Management, ect.
• Experience with installation/configuration of base components, user groups, security, connections to database, ect.
• Expert hands on experience and ability to evaluate and interpret end user requirements
• Hands on technical knowledge of SQL
• Dynamics AX Security System setup and administration
• AX User Tools
• Experience in Data migration
• MS SQL Server, SSRS is a plus
• Technical solution description and documentation
• Demonstrate knowledge in system upgrades, integrations and testing
• Certification in AX programming a plus
• Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to any technical difficulty in a timely manner
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
• Advanced computer hardware and software knowledge and skills;
• Analytical and problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail;
• End-to-end ERP implementation experience
• Project scoping and analysis
• Self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment;
• Supervisory experience
• Operations experience in a production environment
• Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
• Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
All Other Responsibilities (as appropriate):
• Hands on with map and configuring business requirements into Dynamics AX
• Perform a variety of administrative and technical functions for the Technical and Data Center operations.
• Possess strong technical knowledge of standard core hardware components and software applications
• Needs to demonstrate strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
• Proven history of working well within teams to ensure proper success in regards to finding positive, creative solutions for the business and the ability in resolving problems in a timely or positive/creative manner within the scope of their job.
• Confer with end users to determine types of hardware and software required to achieve specific goals.
• Assist company managers with solution that assist in the completion of their duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and effectively manage resolutions within accepted service levels.