|Date Posted||August 8, 2016|
Rand McNally has been helping people discover, map and navigate for 160 years. While most people know us for our best selling Road Atlas line, we are also the leading provider of truck and RV navigation devices, the fastest-growing mobile fleet management company and a key education supplier with products in more than 90 percent of US schools. We are driving growth of the Company's consumer and enterprise businesses through rapid expansion of core product lines and continued innovation of commercial transportation solutions ranging from advanced mileage and routing software to fleet management and electronic tracking.
To execute on our growth plans that include introduction of several new Consumer Electronics Products and Accessory lines, we are seeking a high-energy Product Manager to own cradle-to-grave management of CE (Consumer Electronics) products and accessories.
Reporting to Director of Product Management, the Product Manager will articulate the product value proposition and requirements based on keen market insight, determine competitive and value-based pricing and clarify overall product positioning. This Product Jedi inspires Engineering and Supply Chain to deliver the product with key enablers at the right cost and with a robust supply strategy. This conductor will orchestrate flawless product launches in tandem with the Go-to-market organization.
The Product Manager will be the product expert and evangelist within the organization. This role is equal parts strategy, cross-functional leadership and execution. The role will be very visible horizontally and vertically. Strong communication skills, high energy and the ability to effectively prioritize, focus and multi-task is a must.
• 4-year engineering degree is highly desired to be successful in this role. Significant work experience and demonstrable achievement in a technical discipline will be considered.
• Must have or be working towards an MBA.
• 5+ years of prior experience in Consumer Electronics highly desired.
• 2+ years experience managing cross-functional teams, ideally as Product Owner, is desired.
• Experience working in an Agile environment – spanning hardware and software development – is highly desired.
• Ideally must have experience working with globally dispersed development teams and Asian supply base.
• High energy, personable and eager to learn.
• Able and willing to juggle multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization
- Quality of Work
Demonstrates the accuracy of work; the degree to which work is reviewed. Sets high standards of personal performance.
Demonstrates the volume and thoroughness of work produced; able to adapt to interruptions, pressures and changes without losing efficiency or composure.
- Results Oriented
Ability to achieve excellent results in an appropriate timeframe against continuously increasing standards of performance. Takes ownership for actions and results and factors in an appropriate sense of urgency. Works effectively with little or no supervision
- Maximizes Empowerment
Effective in problem solving and decision making which includes innovation, creativity and risk taking. Seeks access to information and/or clarification when needed. Focuses on important information without getting weighed down in unnecessary detail. Generate or recommend alternative solutions.
Develops effective working relationships with others and adjusts his/her style accordingly; encourages a work environment that addresses situations with openness and candor. Fosters teamwork and involves team members in the development of plans for achieving objectives. Clarifies own role and role of others on team.
- Valuing Others
Values backgrounds, experiences of others; respects individual differences and opinions while taking into account their potential contribution. Shows consistency between words and actions, treats other fairly, consistently and with respect.
- Align with Strategy and Direction
Establishes priorities effectively and maintains flexibility as priorities change. Supports internal and external customers in line with company goals. Modifies behavior to maintain effective performance in rapidly changing, uncertain situations.
- Development of Self (and Others as applicable)
Accurately identifies the strengths and development needs of self. Acquires new knowledge and skills to strengthen ability to meet changing demands and job requirements. Accepts constructive feedback.
- If manages others: Gives specific and constructive feedback, coaches others in the development of their skills. Acquires new knowledge and skills and encourages others to do the same. Overcomes limitations through direct self-pursuits.
- Other Factors
• Business Acumen
• Planning/Organization Skills