|Date Posted||August 8, 2016|
Position Description Summary
- The Program Manager ensures Consumer Electronics projects master plans and schedules are followed, develops solutions to program challenges, and directs others for successful completion of project on time and on budget.
- The successful candidate will have current experience managing several technology electronics device and software projects with teams in multiple locations.
- Program Manager responsibilities include governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization, tracking, finances, infrastructure, planning, and improvement of Consumer Electronics projects.
- Program Manager provides supervision of a consumer electronics project or multiple projects to achieve a corporate vision. Program Manager works as the head of a program office, and performs liaison activities with upper management and stakeholders.
- Program Manager is responsible for governance, which involves working with the structure, processes and procedures to accomplish project objectives, which include metrics of success and deliverables.
- Program Manager makes sure that each project aligns with corporate vision and goals, and provides regular status reviews to the stakeholders and senior management of the status.
- Program Manager makes sure that the teams in multiple locations are aligned, and builds and executes the processes to achieve the project goals. Program Manager tracks feature, cost and schedule of each project and establishing processes to manage challenges.
Program Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor degree in Computer Science. PMI certification is a must. Graduate degree is a plus.
- The candidate will have 10-years or more experience managing several large technology device and software projects with teams in multiple locations including engineering and manufacturing teams in other countries.
- The candidate will have experience with the Gates process, and both Waterfall and Agile Development methodologies.
- Other qualifications: Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Verbal and Written Communication, Informing Others, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
All Other Information :
- All Other Responsibilities (as appropriate):
• Manage product technology project planning, scheduling, review and delivery activities
• Support cross-functional teams in the planning, development, implementation & operational best practices for product development activities.
• Provide critical thought leadership, ingenuity and forward-looking direction for product development and delivery processes
- All Other Requirements (as appropriate):
• Embraces New Technologies and Development Processes
• Ability to consult, negotiate and communicate well
Success Criteria/Include Critical Behaviors (required, list top 2-4, see attached):
- Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize and to work well in an environment with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate well with management within the development group and with key members of the marketing and product management teams