|Date Posted||August 8, 2016|
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information. This individual will support day to day accounting functions, including the month end close process which encompasses the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements for senior leadership and private equity ownership. Additional job responsibilities will include cash management, accounts payable and receivables. The individual will also lead the payroll function including the processing of biweekly payroll and related matters.
Rand McNally has been helping people discover, map and navigate for 159 years. While most people know us for our best selling Road Atlas line, we are also the leading provider of truck and RV navigation devices, the fastest-growing mobile fleet management company and a key education supplier with products in more than 90 percent of US schools. We are driving growth of the Company's consumer and enterprise businesses through rapid expansion of core product lines and continued innovation of commercial transportation solutions ranging from advanced mileage and routing software to fleet management and electronic tracking.
• Process payroll, pay rate changes and new hires.
• Calculate commissions and prepare monthly and quarterly statements and bonus payments for the sales team.
• Cash management including daily billing, receipts and vendor payments as well as bank reconciliations.
• Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
• Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial l reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
• Modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
• Participate in preparing supporting documentation for the financial and other (workers comp, tax) audits.
• Timely and accurately prepare or assist in preparing reports or returns, including 1099’s required by State or Federal agencies.
• Prepare necessary month-end and year-end reports, including census reports for benefits.
• Work with business and functional leaders to continually improve operational reporting to support better decision making, accountability, and efficiency.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with policies and regulations
Candidate Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Actively-licensed CPA is essential and MBA a plus.
• Strong Computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications is a must – Word, PowerPoint.
• Strong understanding of GAAP a must.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• High emotional intelligence and professionalism. Ability to build rapport directly with senior executives and business leaders.
• Attention to detail
• Judgment and problem-solving skills